Use of the parking at the Cargo Center
Terms and conditions (the T&Cs) of LUXAIR, Société Luxembourgeoise de Navigation Aérienne S.A., société anonyme, having its registered office at Commune de Schuttrange, RCS B 4109 (Luxair) relating to the use of parking at Luxair Cargocenter effective as of 1st of January 2018.
The following terms that are not defined elsewhere in these T&C have the following meaning:
“Parking”: means the parking located directly in front of the LuxairCargo Cargocenter East (exit N°10 on A1), Luxembourg Airport, Luxembourg.
“Parking User(s)”: means the transportation company represented by truck drivers using the Parking.
“Truck(s)”: means truck and/or trailer used by Parking User.
- Parking description. The Parking is open 24/7. 250 parking spaces are available and equipped with restroom facilities and showers. A restaurant is also accessible to the truck drivers. Luxair does not guarantee the availability of parking space at all times.
- Use of the Parking. The Parking User is entitled to use the Parking as specified in these T&C and in accordance with the rules of the Parking (including, but not limited to, safety rules, littering and any signage displayed at the Parking). Access to the Parking is only granted to trucks for operations related to the Cargocenter.
The Parking is an operational parking and may also be used by truck drivers whose loading or unloading site is located at Luxembourg Airport, to take statutory rest periods or to bridge waiting times for loading or unloading cargo at the terminals.
The Parking User shall use the Parking with due care and as intended. The Truck shall be parked in such a manner as is normally expected and considered reasonable so that the parked Truck would not reduce the number of parking spaces available or obstruct traffic in the Parking. The parking of unlicensed or uninsured Trucks and the repair or maintenance of Trucks in the Parking is prohibited.
3.1 Safety. The Parking User shall undertake to drive and to park the Truck in such a manner that would not damage or pose any risk to the Parking, people, or property therein. While maneuvering on the Parking, the speed shall always be adapted to the situation and in any case never exceeds 25 kph. Truck must be parked only in marked stalls. A Truck may not under any circumstances be removed from a truck dock while the red light situated next to the truck dock is on. The red light indicates that the offloading/loading process is ongoing. In any case, the truck driver has to assure himself that the offloading/loading process is completely finished before moving the Truck and trailer.
3.2 Truck dock utilization. Truck docks utilization is limited to the time of the offloading/loading. As soon as the Truck’s loading or offloading is finalized, the driver has to move the Truck and trailer from the dock onto a predefined parking position, always respecting safety measures. After the loading or offloading, the Truck must be removed from the truck dock only in presence and upon request of a Luxair employee to supervise the closure of the trailer and fix the customs seal for outbound loads.
3.3 Littering. Littering is not tolerated and will be sanctioned with a ban of the truck driver to enter the Parking.
- Parking access timings.
4.1 Export offloading – Delivery by a Truck. Export Trucks can only enter parking maximum 2 (two) hours prior to the delivery slot appointment. Slot appointment has to be arranged by either the airline carrier or a forwarder or any other customer of Luxair having booked the trucking service. The access to the Parking for the Truck arriving more than 2 (two) hours prior to the delivery slot appointment may be refused by Luxair. For deliveries of loads below 1,000 kilos per load, no slot is required. Export empty trailers should leave the Parking within 30 minutes after the end of offloading.
4.2 Import loading – Pick up by a Truck. Trucks and empty trailers can be on site up to 2 (two) hours before initial import pick up slot (prior to a possible rescheduling for late inbound aircraft). Slot appointment has to be arranged by the customer of Luxair having booked the trucking service. The access to the Parking for Truck arriving more than 2 hours prior to the pickup slot appointment may be refused by Luxair. Import full trailers should leave the Parking within 30 (thirty) minutes of cargo and customs documentation completed.
4.3 Turnaround of the same Truck – Delivery and pick up. For deliveries, paragraph 4.1 shall apply. If the slot for loading is less than 4 (four) hours after the offload end of the same Truck, then the Truck is allowed to remain on the Parking. Otherwise paragraph 4.2. shall apply.
- Rates and payment. Parking rates are displayed at the entrance of the Parking. Applicable rates from January 1, 2018:
- 0 to 12 hours: free of charge
- 13 to 36 hours: 100,00 EUR
- Each additional period of 24 hours: 100,00 EUR
Luxair reserves the right to modify the rates. Parking fees will be payable directly to Luxair at the exit of the Cargo Centre and by credit card only. If the Parking User does not pay, Parking User (both the truck driver AND any truck and/or trailer of its transportation company) will not be allowed to enter the Parking for future deliveries (export offloading and/or import loading). Decisive timings are the following: Truck arrival/departure: time recorded while entering/leaving the Parking area at the security gate.
- Liability. Parking shall be at the sole responsibility of the Parking User. Luxair shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Parking User’s Truck and theft of Truck or possessions from the Truck during parking. Parking User shall be liable for the following, including but not limited to; (a) any damage to the Parking and/or its equipment, (b) any damage caused to third persons, (c) any violation of the laws or regulations and/or (d) any breach of an obligation under those T&C.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. These T&C and any non-contractual obligation related to these T&C, shall be governed by the laws of Luxembourg and in the event of any dispute the courts of the District of Luxembourg shall have exclusive jurisdiction.